By Lj Miller
So you bought the expensive bike and you’re ready to hit the gravel, road, trails, etc. Before you start racking up the miles, it’s a good idea to think about getting your bike professionally fit to your body.
You may need a professional bike fit if...
- You have never been fit to your bicycle
- You experience low back pain during or after riding
- You experience discomfort in your soft tissue while in the saddle
- You have knee pain to the inside or outside of the patella tendon
- You experience hot spots or numbness in your feet
- You are not able to breathe expansively
- Your line of sight is limited
- You have an important event (new bike, upcoming competition, change in physicality)
- It has been more than 12 months since your last professional fit
Benefits of a professional bike fit…
- A more comfortable stable riding position making the bike safer
- A better line of sight when riding
- Less stress on the neck and lower back
- Easier and more expansive breathing
- Better sit bone, soft tissue support and circulation
- Accurate seat height allowing more efficient pedaling
You can find more information on Lj’s services and what to expect with a professional bike fit on his website.